Changes Between V6.1A and V6.1G of "The Earth Centered Universe Pro"
Sky Chart/Print Features
- The split chart now has separate settings for horizontal and vertical flips.
- The number of objects that can be plotted on-screen has been increased to 30,000.
- The General Catalog of Variable Stars database has been updated to the current (V5.1) version, and it now contains 54,919 stars.
- The number of comet/asteroid orbits that can be active at any given time has been increased to 25,000.
- Added download of and full support for the IAU Minor Planet Center's asteroid orbit database.
- Added support for download of the MPCs bright minor planets at opposition list.
- The master orbit file is now called 'masterorbit.orb'.
- You can now search for a specific equatorial position as an RA in hours and minutes OR hours and minutes and seconds and a Dec in degrees and minutes OR degrees and minutes and seconds.
- The Search method now returns the found object's primary object name.
- Added the ClearOrbits, LoadOrbits, SaveOrbits methods.
- Updated the URL for General Catalog of Variable Stars web searches.
- Orbits now accept eccentricities up to 5 (for the new class of interstellar asteroids).
- Better error handling in the loading of orbit files.
- The angular separation calculation uses a more accurate "haversine" algorithm.
- Telescope serial interface routines now use an external COM Port Driver (developed by Nova Astronomics).
- The default application style is 'Onyx Blue' and when changing styles they are previewed in the 'Colors and Styles..." dialog box.
- Some problems with dialog box sizing on some computers has been resolved.
Broader ASCOM exception handling was added.
- Some mathematical overflows and other problems were fixed there were caused by the new "interstellar" asteroids and orbits with hyberbolic orbits.
- Add better error handling for parallax calculations.
- Improved program shutdown if started by the automation interface.
- Fix bug where sky was not redrawn on alignment stars during encoder interface alignments.
- Fix bug where telescope interface was sometimes causing an error when disabling it.
- Fix bug where alignment star names were not shown during encoder interface alignments.
Back to the upgrade page.
Last Updated: 06 June 2020